All homeowners want to have an attractive home. To achieve that, they should plan on its building elements including the floor tiles material, wall paint color, and furniture to be used. For your kitchen, you would need a sturdy yet stylish countertop that would create a statement on your humble kitchen area. You can choose from different countertop material such as granite countertops that can be installed by professional granite installers near you.
Among kitchen fixtures and appliances, the countertop is perhaps one of the first things that get noticed. It is usually made from different materials – there are quartz countertops, others made from granite, marble, and glass among a few. Choosing the right countertop that will suit your need is one thing. Finding reliable countertop replacement companies is another thing.
What to look for in a reliable countertop supplier
For your home improvement needs, you would only rely on the professionals. This also applies when you are looking for a countertop installer. If you want a new kitchen countertop, you should hire only professional ones to ensure work quality. At the same time, you want to be assured that your newly-installed countertop will last for many years.
You also want your countertop to be one of your house’s attractions, so it is best to choose one from reliable countertop suppliers. Here are some tips in finding the ideal countertop supplier for your kitchen needs.
Do your own research.
There are many ways where you can find granite countertop installers. You can ask for referrals from your friends or find one online. You should check feedback from previous clients in terms with their overall experience working with the countertop contractor. You can also check their sample works for your reference. If most feedback is positive, you may consider giving the countertop company a call.
To ensure that you will get the right countertop contractor, you should have several options for comparison purposes. From there, you can ask each contractor the following crucial questions:
- How long have they been in the countertop installing business?
- Did their workers undergo professional training?
- Are the workers insured and treated well?
- How much do they know about this industry (countertop installation)?
- Are they currently working on other installation projects as of now? If so, is it possible to have an ocular of the ongoing project?
- What will be the installation timeline?
Ask for the estimated project cost.
After you have chosen potential contractors from your list, ask for a written estimate from each. This includes the countertop that will be installed, labor costs and other expenses. You can also expect them to conduct an ocular inspection before proceeding with the installation project.
You can also ask questions if there is something unclear on the estimate. You can also negotiate with the price when necessary. Once questions are cleared, the signed estimate will serve as an official project document. The project should be done as smoothly as possible – communication is a major key.
What to consider before buying a countertop
There are a lot of countertop options clients can choose from – ranging from different materials, patterns, and colors that would suit the house interiors and the client’s preference.
You can choose between quartz countertops or any other countertop material of your choice. Among things to consider in choosing a kitchen countertop include:
- Is there a small actual sample available for your reference?
- Does the countertop have a warranty?
- How much is the countertop?
- How big should the countertop be (depending on your size requirements)?
- What is the right countertop material that will suit your needs?
- How easy is it to clean and maintain the countertop?
Other tips in buying a kitchen countertop
Cost is also important if you are looking for a kitchen countertop. However, the cost may depend on several factors such as:
- Material – depends on the color, design, and availability. It can cost between less than $10 to as much as $500 per square foot.
- Add-ons – does it have a built-in cabinet and sink? These will also affect the countertop cost.
- Size and shape – it depends on your needs and the size of your kitchen, so you should consider that as well.
Find a reliable countertop installer near you
There will be at least one professional countertop company near you. Choose a reliable and established countertop replacement companies in Potomac or anywhere else nearby.