When it comes to kitchen countertops there are many options to choose from and its important that you have the right one for your kitchen. Different countertops are ideal for different kitchen and in this article, we look at the major countertops that are available and which one is ideal for your kitchen. Before you settle on any countertop visit the granite companies and get to see the different countertops available, ask the granite contractor questions so that you can establish the one which is best for your countertop.
The Different Types of Countertops
Granite is the king and the material of choice for most people. It brings out elegance, style, and perks up the value of your home. Over the years the cost of granites has come down and they are more readily available than they were years back.
Advantages of Granite countertops
- It’s available in a variety of unique colours
- The countertop is almost impervious to heat
- Long lasting and strong
- Perks the value of your home
- Easy to maintain when properly sealed
- The countertop can crack if stressed or improperly installed
- It’s expensive to install in large areas
- Requires constant sealing to avoid damage
Quartz is made of quartz and other minerals bound together by resin. It nonporous and will resist stains and scratches. It’s available in a variety of colours and doesn’t require sealing.
Advantages of Quartz Countertops
- Its be customized to fit any size
- Looks more natural that surfaces such as solid surfaces
- Easy to maintain and doesn’t require sealing
- Its stain resistant and will not be easily be affected by heat and acid
- It’s expensive especially if you require large slabs
Soapstone is a natural stone which is grey in colour and has a smooth silky feel. It’s mostly found in ancient homes. It’s hard and resistant to stains.
- It gives you kitchen a historical look
- Its resist stain to a certain level
- Impervious to heat to some degree.
- It may become dark with time
- It can scratch and dent more easily over time
- It requires treatment with mineral oil to prevent staining
Marble luxurious kitchen countertop. It’s expensive as compared to most countertops and it’s not the countertop of choice for most homes. It requires sealing to keep the countertop from staining.
- Its exceptionally beautiful and will give your home a stylish look
- It’s heatproof
- It’s expensive and porous
- It stains easily if not sealed
- Can scratch and it’s hard to repair
The above are the most favourite countertops you can choose from. Talk to the countertop installers and they will help you choose the best for your kitchen.
How to Choose a Kitchen Countertop
Above the most common kitchen countertops materials, but how do you choose the right one for your kitchen. Below some of the factors, you should consider when selecting countertop materials.
- Function and Use of the countertop
One of the most important factor to consider is the use and the traffic in your kitchen. If your kitchen is high traffic you need a material that is able to withstand the high traffic. Quartz countertop is ideal for high traffic kitchen while granite countertops are perfect for the outdoor kitchen. It’s therefore important that you determine your kitchen requirements and then choose a countertop that works for you.
Visit the Quartz countertop dealers and get a quotation on the various countertops available. Choose the countertop that fits in your budget, but ensure that it serves the function.
Determine the style that you want to bring out. Granite countertop will bring out a contemporary look while marble is stylish and have an expensive look. Choose the countertop that will bring out the style you want.
Choose the countertop that will serve you for long and look good years later. Quartz countertops are strong and will last long even in high traffic areas. Make sure that the countertop you choose will last a long time and serve the purpose your require
The countertop material you choose will determine how your kitchen will look. It’s therefore important that you choose one that will bring out a stylish look and perk the value of your house. Make sure that the granite-quartz installers Rockville fix the countertop for best results. Follow the right maintenance procedure and your countertop will last for years and still look good.