You should contact a granite contractor for your kitchen countertops, to add value, timeless elegance and beauty. Granite is a great investment for your kitchens, an investment that is expensive and durable at the same time.
Granite is a natural resource that is made through many natural processes occurring over a period of many years with many chemical compositions. The pieces of granite have many impurities which give them the unique patterns and designs. They are available in many designs and colors and their cost varies according to the detailing of the designs and color. Your local granite countertop installers may give you more details about the colors and patterns of designs available. Once you spend a hefty amount on a granite countertop, then you will want it last a long time. To make it last a long time without losing its natural shine, you will need to maintain your granite. Below are some top maintenance tips.
- Although your granite contractor has told you that granite is heat resistant, still, you should place heating pads before placing hot pots and pans to avoid your granite wearing off.
- Clean your granite countertop daily with a mild cleaning liquid and a washcloth or sponge.
- Avoid spilling acidic drinks or alcohol or any other harp liquid on your granite countertop and if accidentally it gets spilled, then wipe and clean it immediately to avoid sharp stains.
- Ask your granite countertop installer to tell you about the best granite countertop cleaner available. You can use the cleaner every 3 months to get a polished look for your granite countertop.
- Do not use sharp knives or heavy utensils on your granite countertop as it could scratch your granite and make scratches and chips on it.
- Do not drop heavy objects such as your tools or very heavy materials and items on your granite countertop as it could damage your granite countertop.
- You should call your granite contractor for a yearly maintenance of your granite countertop. They should take care of all the scratches and chips if any and repair them professionally and remove all the stubborn stains and give it a polish and a sealing coat to make it shiny and new again.
- Do not use harsh cleaners for your granite countertop such as bleach. Also do not go for natural acidic cleaners such as lemon juice, vinegar or baking soda for your granite countertops as these ingredients are acidic in nature and can dull your granite countertops.
- If you have pets, then do not let them sit on your countertops as their paws can scratch the countertops.
- Do not put your toiletries such as your creams, lotions or perfumes or any other liquid stuff. It may also fall, spill or leak on your granite countertops and can stain and damage it.
- Sealing your granite countertop is a must to maintain it. You should contact your granite countertop installer Rockville, MD to reapply the seal on your granite countertop every 6 months.